- Lie with your upper back perpendicular on a bench.
- Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the floor and flex your hips so that your body is in line.
- Grasp a dumbbell between your hands under the inner plate, palms facing up.
- Position the weight over your chest with your elbows slightly bent.
- Keep your elbows bent as you lower the dumbbell over your head until your upper arms are in line with your torso.
- To return to the starting position, pull the dumbbell up and over your chest.
Related exercises to discover
Dumbbell pullovers is a gym work out exercise that targets chest and upper back & lower traps and also involves abs and shoulders and triceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Flat bench dumbbell flyes, battle rope jumping jacks and contralateral limb raises are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as dumbbell pullovers. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.