Single / One Arm Dumbbell Bench Rows
- Place a dumbbell on each side of a flat bench.
- Place your right knee on the end of the bench.
- Bend your torso from the waist until your upper body is parallel to the floor, while placing your right hand on the bench in front of you for support.
- With your left hand, pick up the dumbbell with an overhand grip. The palm of your hand should be facing into you.
- Keep your lower back straight. This is the start position.
- Using your back muscles, pull the dumbbell straight up to the side of your chest, keeping your upper arm close to your side. Exhale as you do so.
- At the top of the movement, hold for a count of one and squeeze your back muscles.
- Return to the start position inhaling as you do so. Repeat.
- Complete all repetitions for one side before switching sides.
Related exercises to discover
Single / one arm dumbbell bench rows is a gym work out exercise that targets lower back and upper back & lower traps and also involves abs and biceps and shoulders. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Semi-supine laying down / constructive rest position, resistance band glute bridges and contralateral limb raises are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as single / one arm dumbbell bench rows. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.