Battle Rope Side-to-Side Swings
- Take a battle rope in each hand, then bring your hands together. Keep the ropes around core height.
- Keep a slight bend in your knees and keep your core braced.
- In one motion, forcefully swing the ropes to the left while keeping your legs braced and knees slightly bent.
- Reverse the motion, bringing the ropes to the right.
- Continue swinging the ropes side to side while maintaining a tight and braced stance.
Related exercises to discover
Battle rope side-to-side swings is a gym work out exercise that targets abs and biceps and shoulders and triceps and also involves calves and hamstrings and lower back and quadriceps and upper back & lower traps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Exercise / swiss ball bicep curls, standing dumbbell overhead shoulder press and one arm side push ups are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as battle rope side-to-side swings. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.