Wall Sit / Squats / Chair
- Stand tall against a wall with your head and back touching the wall.
- Position your feet so that they are shoulder-width apart and a few inches away from the wall.
- Rest your arms at your sides.
- Bend your knees and lower into a squat position until your thighs are parallel to the floor and hold the position
- Return to starting position by straightening your knees and standing tall again.
Related exercises to discover
Wall sit / squats / chair is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and quadriceps and also involves abs and calves and hamstrings. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Alternating curtsy lunge, cable pull throughs/pulls and snap jumps are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as wall sit / squats / chair. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.