Wall Sit / Squats / Chair
- Stand tall against a wall with your head and back touching the wall.
- Position your feet so that they are shoulder-width apart and a few inches away from the wall.
- Rest your arms at your sides.
- Bend your knees and lower into a squat position until your thighs are parallel to the floor and hold the position
- Return to starting position by straightening your knees and standing tall again.
Related exercises to discover
Wall sit / squats / chair is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and quadriceps and also involves abs and calves and hamstrings. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Cable pull throughs/pulls, overhead water bottle squats and barbell kneeling squats are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as wall sit / squats / chair. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.