Explosive Jumping Alternating Lunges
- Stand straight with a tight core and your chest up.
- You will be in a classic lunge position. Step forward and be sure to keep your front knee bent. At the same time, extend the back leg.
- Your back knee should be slightly bent.
- Place your hands on your hips. If you want a challenge, place them straight above the head.
- Using all of your force, jump into the air. Simultaneously, switch your leg stance in midair.
- Land in the lunge position and repeat.
Related exercises to discover
Explosive jumping alternating lunges is a gym work out exercise that targets hamstrings and quadriceps and also involves abs and calves and glutes & hip flexors. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Dumbbell side lunges / lateral lunges, bosu ball static balance and barbell snatch are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as explosive jumping alternating lunges. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.