Dumbbell Side Lunges / Lateral Lunges
- Begin by standing with dumbbells in hand at your sides.
- Place your feet hip-width apart.
- Take a big step to the right with your right foot, keeping your arms straight.
- Land with your heel followed by the rest of your foot and flex the right knee so that you lower your hip and body until your knee and hip are at a 90 degree angle. Keep your left leg only slightly angled.
- Return to the starting position by extending your right hip and knee. Once they are straight, bring your foot back in to a standing tall position.
Related exercises to discover
Dumbbell side lunges / lateral lunges is a gym work out exercise that targets quadriceps and also involves abs and glutes & hip flexors and hamstrings. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Lunging / lunge with bicep hammer curls, barbell high pulls and battle rope reverse lunges are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as dumbbell side lunges / lateral lunges. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.