Rope Jumping / Jump rope / Skipping
- Hold one rope end in each hand out to your sides with the middle of the rope behind you.
- Keep the rope ends even with your hips.
- Rotate your wrists to swing the rope up over your head.
- As the rope swings down in front of and towards you, jump over the rope with both feet.
- Continue rotating your wrists to swing the rope behind you, back up over your head to repeat.
Related exercises to discover
Rope jumping / jump rope / skipping is a gym work out exercise that targets calves and glutes & hip flexors and also involves abs and hamstrings and quadriceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Barbell snatch, stability / swiss / exercise ball ab pike press and seal jacks are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as rope jumping / jump rope / skipping. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.