Standing Cable Crossover Press / Flyes
- Stand between two cable stations with the dumbbell grip handles attached to the high pulleys on each side of you.
- Hold the handles with an overhand grip. Your arms should be outstretched.
- Bend your knees and hips slightly so that you are leaning forward, but not too far.
- Bend your elbows slightly and rotate your shoulders in towards the centre of your chest a little. Your elbows should be slightly behind you.
- Use a hugging motion, keeping your elbows in a fixed, bent position to bring the grip attachments together in front of your chest.
- Slowly return to the starting position until you feel a slight stretch in your chest muscles.
Related exercises to discover
Standing cable crossover press / flyes is a gym work out exercise that targets chest and also involves abs and shoulders and triceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Kneeling kettlebell press, medicine ball punch throws and water bottle floor chest presses are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as standing cable crossover press / flyes. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.