Renegade / Alternating Plank / Commando Rows
- Place two dumbbells or kettlebells on the floor about shoulder width apart.
- In a push up position, place your hands on the grip section of each bell for support.
- Spread your legs to slightly wider than hip width apart with your toes supporting your weight. This is the start position.
- Push down through one bell and at the same time “row” the opposite one upwards by retracting your shoulder and bending your elbow.
- Hold for a count of one.
- Your breathing should remain constant throughout the movement.
- Lower the bell to the floor and without pause, then repeat the movement with your other arm.
- When you have rowed both arms, that is one repetition.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Related exercises to discover
Renegade / alternating plank / commando rows is a gym work out exercise that targets lower back and upper back & lower traps and also involves abs and biceps and chest and triceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Bosu ball burpees, battle rope double waves and floor t raises / back flyes are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as renegade / alternating plank / commando rows. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.