Sumo / Plié Dumbbell Squats
- Stand up straight with a tight core and flat back.
- Position your feet wider than shoulder-width. Your toes should be facing out diagonally.
- Holding a dumbbell with both hands in front of you, look straight ahead and bend at the knees while driving your hips backward. Your knees should be following your toes in a diagonal line.
- Complete this wide stance squat by having your thighs come parallel with the ground.
- Pause and slowly return to the starting position without locking your knees.
Related exercises to discover
Sumo / plié dumbbell squats is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and quadriceps and also involves abs and calves and hamstrings. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Side / lateral shuffles / hops / skaters, cardio – cross trainer / crosstrainer machine and trx suspension straps overhead squats are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as sumo / plié dumbbell squats. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.