One-Arm Kettlebell Push and Press
- Hold a kettlebell by the handle.
- Lift the kettlebell to your shoulder by extending through your legs and hips as you pull the kettlebell towards your shoulder, rotating your wrist as you do so. Your palm should face forward with the kettlebell hanging at the back of your hand. This is the start position.
- Lower your body by bending your knees while keeping your torso straight and upright.
- Do not perform a full squat, instead travel down about midway into a squat position.
- Without pausing, reverse direction, driving down through your heels, to create momentum.
- As you rise up, press the kettlebell straight up over your head by extending and locking your arms.
- Land with your knees slightly bent to absorb the impact.
- Lower the weight to start position
- Complete all repetitions for one side before switching.
Related exercises to discover
One-arm kettlebell push and press is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and shoulders and also involves abs and calves and hamstrings and quadriceps and triceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Single arm cable lateral / side raise, kettlebell squats and seated dual / front raises are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as one-arm kettlebell push and press. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.