Inverted Rows / Reverse Pull-ups
- Set the bar to your waist height.
- Lie on your back under the bar.
- Reach up and grip the bar with an underhand grip with both hands.
- Keeping your body straight, pull yourself up towards the bar by pulling your elbows as far back as you can and trying to touch the bar with your chest.
- Hold and squeeze your arm and back muscles.
- Lower yourself back to the start position in a controlled motion.
Related exercises to discover
Inverted rows / reverse pull-ups is a gym work out exercise that targets lower back and upper back & lower traps and also involves abs and biceps and shoulders. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Stability / swiss / exercise ball back extensions, your exercise (placeholder) and gymnastic ring pull-ups / pullups are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as inverted rows / reverse pull-ups. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.