Inverted Rows / Reverse Pull-ups
- Set the bar to your waist height.
- Lie on your back under the bar.
- Reach up and grip the bar with an underhand grip with both hands.
- Keeping your body straight, pull yourself up towards the bar by pulling your elbows as far back as you can and trying to touch the bar with your chest.
- Hold and squeeze your arm and back muscles.
- Lower yourself back to the start position in a controlled motion.
Related exercises to discover
Inverted rows / reverse pull-ups is a gym work out exercise that targets lower back and upper back & lower traps and also involves abs and biceps and shoulders. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Battle rope snakes, dumbbell snatch and back extensions / hyperextensions are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as inverted rows / reverse pull-ups. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.