- Place two dumbbells on the floor.
- Stand facing the dumbbells with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Bend knees and hips to lower your torso in a squatting movement,keep your back straight.
- At the bottom of the squat grip the dumbbells with an overhand grip,keeping your arms fully extended.
- Return to an upright position holding the dumbbells with your palms facing towards your body and extending your hips forward. Do not round your back.
- Return the dumbbells to the floor in the same manner you picked them up.
Related exercises to discover
Dumbbell deadlifts is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and lower back and also involves abs and calves and hamstrings and quadriceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Dumbbell squat clean and press, cable pull throughs/pulls and jump squats are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as dumbbell deadlifts. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.