Dumbbell Overhead Shoulder Press
- Sit on a military press bench or bench that has a back support, holding a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip.
- Place the dumbbells on top of your thighs with your palms facing down.
- Raise the dumbbells to your shoulders.
- Rotate your wrists so that the palms of your hands are facing away from you. This is the start position.
- As you exhale, push the dumbbells up and over your head by extending your arms until the dumbbells touch at the top of the movement.
- Pause for a count of one.
- Slowly return to the start position inhaling as you do so.
Related exercises to discover
Dumbbell overhead shoulder press is a gym work out exercise that targets shoulders and also involves abs and triceps and upper back & lower traps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Seated single arm overhead dumbbell tricep extensions, resistance band lateral raises / side raises and seated arnold dumbbell press are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as dumbbell overhead shoulder press. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.