Cable Pull Throughs/Pulls
- With your back facing the cable station and the cable resting on the floor between your feet, bend at your knees and take a firm grip of the cable in both hands.
- Keeping your knees bent at a 45 degree angle, pull the cable up so that it is resting between your knees.
- With a firm grip on the cable extend your knees and drive your body upwards using your glutes as the prime mover.
- Hold the top portion while tensing your glutes.
- Slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position to complete 1 rep.
Related exercises to discover
Cable pull throughs/pulls is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and also involves hamstrings. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Lying side leg lifts / lateral raises / hip abductors / adductors, lunging / lunge with bicep hammer curls and weighted glute bridges are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as cable pull throughs/pulls. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.