Boxing with a Punching Bag
- Place your feet with your front foot pointing towards the punching back, your back foot running perpendicular to your front foot (forming a T shape), and a slight bent in the knees.
- Bring your hands to your face with your forward hand at jaw level, your back hand at ear level, and your elbows tucked in close to your body.
- Extend your front arm and make contact with the punching bag striking with your three knuckles that don’t include that of your index finger.
- Retract your forward hand to your guard position before striking the punching bag with your back hand and bringing it back to the guard position.
- You have just completed a jab – straight and should feel like a champion.
Related exercises to discover
Boxing with a punching bag is a gym work out exercise that targets biceps and shoulders and triceps and upper back & lower traps and also involves abs and calves and quadriceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Kettlebell single arm clean and press, barbell front raises and exercise / swiss ball bicep curls are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as boxing with a punching bag. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.