- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your shoulders back. And your back straight.
- Take a long stride forward with your right leg. Your right foot should be in a position, that when you bend your right knee, your upper and lower leg form a 90 degree angle.
- Slowly bend both your knees, to lower your hips until your left (rear) knee is just above the floor. Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the start position by slowly straightening your legs and raising your body back to a standing position.
- Complete all the repetitions for one set full set, then switch legs, or you can alternate between legs for each rep.
Do not let your knee travel past your toes in the down position as this can cause instability and injury.