- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your shoulders back. And your back straight.
- Take a long stride forward with your right leg. Your right foot should be in a position, that when you bend your right knee, your upper and lower leg form a 90 degree angle.
- Slowly bend both your knees, to lower your hips until your left (rear) knee is just above the floor. Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the start position by slowly straightening your legs and raising your body back to a standing position.
- Complete all the repetitions for one set full set, then switch legs, or you can alternate between legs for each rep.
Related exercises to discover
Dumbbell lunges is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and quadriceps and also involves abs and calves and hamstrings. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Cardio – stairmaster, inchworms / walkouts and barbell hack squats are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as dumbbell lunges. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.