- Stand with your feet hip width apart. Your toes should be pointing straight ahead or only slightly outward.
- Cross your arms in front of your body, place your hands behind your head or at the sides of your head.
- Keep your weight on your heels and bend your knees while lowering your hips towards the ground as if you are sitting down on a chair.
- Keep your back straight at all times.
- Continue until you feel a slight stretch in your quadriceps. Do not let your knees extend out beyond the level of your toes.
- Pause for a count of one.
- In an explosive movement, drive down through your heels pushing yourself up of the floor with your quads.
- At the same time extend our arms out above you.
- Land with your knees slightly bent to absorb the impact.
Related exercises to discover
Jump squats is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and quadriceps and also involves abs and calves and hamstrings. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Overhead plate squats, dumbbell side lunges / lateral lunges and sprints are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as jump squats. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.