Fire Hydrants / Abductor / Adductor Knee Raises
- Position yourself on all fours on a mat with your palms flat and shoulder-width apart. Place your knees hip-width apart and bend them at a 90 degree angle.
- Try to relax your core so that your back and abs are in a natural position.
- Maintain this posture as you raise your right knee and bring it as close to your chest as you can.
- Now raise your right thigh out to the side, keeping the hips still.
- Kick your raised leg straight back slowly until it is in line with your torso.
- Reverse the movement to return to the starting position.
Related exercises to discover
Fire hydrants / abductor / adductor knee raises is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and also involves abs. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Resistance band glute bridges, front barbell squats and trx suspension strap hamstring / leg curls are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as fire hydrants / abductor / adductor knee raises. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.