- Position yourself on all fours on a mat.
- Position your hands underneath your shoulders and place your knees under your hips.
- Keep your right knee bent at 90 degrees and flex the foot as you lift the knee until it is level with the hip.
- Lower the knee without touching the floor and repeat the lift.
- Once you’ve completed the reps on the right leg, switch legs.
Related exercises to discover
Donkey kicks is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and also involves abs. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Elevated/barbell glute bridges/hip raises, squats to side leg raises/lifts and sissy squats are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as donkey kicks. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.