Weighted Russian / Mason Twists
- Sit on an exercise mat with your legs fully extended and your upper body upright.
- Grip a weight plate between both hands.
- Hold the plate out in front of your abdominals keeping your arms bent slightly.
- Cross your your ankles and raise them off the floor slightly.
- Bend your knees towards you slightly.
- Lean back about 15 degrees to balance your body. This is the start position.
- In a smooth motion,turn your torso to the left and touch the plate on the floor. Make sure you exhale as you do this.
- Return to the start position inhaling as you do so.
- Repeat the same movement, this time to your right side, again exhaling as you do so.
- Return to start position and repeat.
Related exercises to discover
Weighted russian / mason twists is a gym work out exercise that targets abs and obliques and also involves biceps and forearms and lower back. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Lying leg raises / lifts, windshield wipers and medicine ball woodchops / chops are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as weighted russian / mason twists. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.