Side Plank Rotations / Elbow Twists
- Lie on your side on an exercise mat.
- Fully extend your legs with one resting on top of the other.
- Place the hand from your top arm lightly on the side of your head.
- Bend the arm at floor level to 90 degrees. Your upper arm should be bent at the elbow, while your forearm is at 90 degrees. This is the start position.
- Lift your body off the ground and balance on your forearm and the side of your foot, while keeping your body in a straight line.
- Contract your abdominal muscles and relax your shoulders.
- Twist your body so that your elbow lowers towards the ground.
- Once the elbow is pointing to the ground, reverse the movement util you are back in the starting position.
- This completes one rep.
Related exercises to discover
Side plank rotations / elbow twists is a gym work out exercise that targets abs and obliques. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Bench swiss / exercise ball russian twists, stability / swiss / exercise ball knee tuck to chest and bird dogs / alternating reach & kickbacks are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as side plank rotations / elbow twists. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.