Smith Machine Bench Chest Press
- Position a flat bench below the barbell of a Smith Machine.
- Lie on the bench face up and place your hands slightly outside of shoulder width on the barbell.
- Push the barbell up then immediately rotate it so the hooks turn out. Do not flare out your elbows.
- Slowly lower the barbell and pause just above your chest.
- Push the barbell back up to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement.
Related exercises to discover
Smith machine bench chest press is a gym work out exercise that targets chest and also involves abs and shoulders and triceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Medicine ball throw to chase, standing cable chest press and trx suspension straps chest press are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as smith machine bench chest press. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.