- Hold a pair of dumbbells at your sides and keep them in a horizontal position.
- While maintaining a tight core and flat back, pull the dumbbells out and upwards, leading with your elbows.
- Pause when your upper arm is parallel with the floor.
- Flip the dumbbells up so that they are above your shoulders and next to your head.
- Pause and return to the starting position.
Related exercises to discover
Scarecrows is a gym work out exercise that targets abs and shoulders and also involves upper back & lower traps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Internal cable shoulder rotation, medicine ball throw to chase and battle rope jumping jacks are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as scarecrows. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.