Incline Bench Dumbbell Flyes
- Set up an incline bench at about 30 degrees.
- Lie on the bench and hold a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip.
- Make sure you keep your back flat and your shoulders pushed back
- Turn your hands in so that your palms are facing each other, holding the dumbbells over your chest with your elbows slightly bent and pointing outwards. (As if you are hugging someone)
- Lower the dumbbells out to the side of your shoulders, while keeping your elbows slightly bent in a smooth arcing motion.
- Continue lowering them until you feel a stretch in your chest and shoulders. Pause for a count of one.
- Bring the dumbbells back to the starting position in the same smooth arc with your elbows slightly bent until the dumbbells are nearly touching.
Related exercises to discover
Incline bench dumbbell flyes is a gym work out exercise that targets chest and also involves abs and shoulders. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Barbell pullovers / lying chest overhead extensions, incline dumbbell bench chest press and cardio – swimming are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as incline bench dumbbell flyes. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.