Hindu / Judo Push-up / Dive Bombers
- Place your hands flat on the floor shoulder width apart.
- Keep your back straight and fully extend your legs behind you into a regular push up position, but with your feet spread slightly wider than shoulder width. Your body should be supported on your toes and hands only.
- Keeping your arms straight, move your hands back towards your feet, until your back arches upwards and you are looking between your feet. (Your body should form an upside down “V” shape) This is the start position.
- As you slowly exhale, bend your elbows, so that your chest and body arc forward and your hips move towards the floor.
- As you reach the start position, continue the movement by arching your back and straightening your arms. This will push your torso upwards so that your head and chest raise and you are looking above you.
- Slowly inhale and push through your arms to return to the start position.
Hindu push ups are sometimes referred to as Dive Bombers. However a dive bomber incorporates a traditional push up at the midway point of the movement. Beginners: You can perform this exercise in a modified push up stance. That is, with your knees on the floor so the movement is completed using mainly your upper body.
Related exercises to discover
Hindu / judo push-up / dive bombers is a gym work out exercise that targets abs and chest and also involves lower back and shoulders and triceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Medicine ball slams, cardio – swimming and foam roller chest opener stretch are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as hindu / judo push-up / dive bombers. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.