Handstand Push-ups / Pushups
- With your feet against a wall, bring yourself into a push-up position.
- Walk your feet up the wall until you are upside down.
- With a tight core, allow your feet to support you as you slowly lower yourself towards the floor.
- Pause at the bottom, feeling the tension in your shoulders, then push yourself back up.
- When finished, walk yourself back down the wall.
Related exercises to discover
Handstand push-ups / pushups is a gym work out exercise that targets shoulders and also involves abs. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Stability / swiss / exercise ball dumbbell shoulder press, trx / suspension planks and upright kettlebell front rows are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as handstand push-ups / pushups. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.