Bulgarian Split Squats
- Stand up straight while holding two dumbbells. Maintain a tight core and flat back as you carefully place your right foot on top of a bench behind you with toes facing down.
- Bend at the front knee as you drop the back knee, maintaining perfect form. Front knee should not go over the toes.
- Allow your thigh to come to parallel with the floor.
- Pause then slowly return to the starting position without locking out your knee.
- Repeat then switch sides once set is complete.
Related exercises to discover
Bulgarian split squats is a gym work out exercise that targets quadriceps and also involves abs and calves and hamstrings. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Leg press / machine squat press, split alternating squat jumps and dumbbell squats are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as bulgarian split squats. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.