Bodyweight Walking Lunges
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart and place your hands on your hips. This is the start position.
- Step forward with either leg in a long stride. Keep your other foot in place behind you.
- Bend your knees as you do this so your body is lowered towards the ground. Keep your back straight throughout the movement.
- Continue down until your front knee is just above the ground. (Your front leg should be bent 90 degrees at the knee)
- Hold for a count of one.
- Push down through your front heel and extend both knees to return to the start position.
- Pause then repeat with your other leg. When you have lunged with both legs, that is one repetition.
Try to keep your hands on your hips at all times, using your obliques to keep your balance.
Related exercises to discover
Bodyweight walking lunges is a at-home work out exercise that targets quadriceps and also involves calves and glutes & hip flexors. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Sissy squats, jump squats and crab toe touches are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as bodyweight walking lunges. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.