Return to Exercise Guide
Barbell Shoulder Press / Overhead Press
- Place a bench with a back support inside a squat rack and set up a barbell at a height that is just above your head.
- Grip the barbell with an overhand grip.
- Space your hands out so that your elbows are bent at 90 degrees.
- Lift the bar to around shoulder level by extending your arms. This is the start position.
- Inhaling, lower the bar to your shoulders slowly.
- Hold for a count of one while squeezing your shoulder muscles.
- Push the barbell back to the start position as you exhaling as you do so..
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.