Alternate Heel Touchers / Lying Oblique Reach
- Lie on an exercise mat, with your back flat, knees bent and your feet flat on the floor slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Fully exend your arms down the side of your body, palms facing in. This is the start position.
- Exhaling, crunch your torso forward and to the right until you can touch your right heel with your right hand. Hold for a count of one.
- return to the starting position smooth motion, inhaling as you do so.
- Repeat the movement, this time to your left side.
- When you have completed the movement on both sides, you have done one repetitition.
Related exercises to discover
Alternate heel touchers / lying oblique reach is a gym work out exercise that targets obliques and also involves abs. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Hanging leg raises to bar, trx / suspension planks and double side jackknifes are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as alternate heel touchers / lying oblique reach. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.