Tricep Cable Rope Push /Pull Downs
- Set up a cable station with a straight bar on attached to the top pulley.
- Grip the bar with an overhand grip,with your hands slightly less than shoulder width apart.
- Position your feet shoulder width apart,with knees slightly bent for stability.
- Pull the bar down until your forearms are parallel to the floor with your elbows close to your body and your wrists locked in a straight position. This is your staring point.
- Moving only your forearms, push the bar down towards the floor until your arms are fully extended and you feel a stretch in your triceps. Hold for a count of one and squeeze your triceps.
- Return to the start position moving your forearms only. Hold for a count of one then repeat.
Do not move your elbows or swing your hips for momentum during this movement.
Related exercises to discover
Tricep cable rope push /pull downs is a gym work out exercise that targets triceps and also involves abs and forearms. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Weighted bench dips, battle rope side-to-side swings and cable triceps kickbacks are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as tricep cable rope push /pull downs. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.