Cable Rope Overhead Triceps Extensions
- Attach a rope to the bottom pulley of a cable station.
- Grip the rope with both hands using a neutral grip. Turn your body away from the cable station.
- Fully extend your arms until your hands are directly above your head pointing to the ceiling.
- Keep your elbows close to your head. This is the start position.
- Slowly lower the rope behind your head, keeping your upper arms stationary, inhaling as you do so.
- When your triceps are fully extended, hold for a count of one while squeezing your triceps.
- Return to the starting position by flexing your triceps and extending your arms. Exhale as you do so.
Related exercises to discover
Cable rope overhead triceps extensions is a gym work out exercise that targets triceps and also involves forearms. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Stability / swiss / exercise ball dumbbell chest press, battle rope side-to-side swings and one arm side push ups are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as cable rope overhead triceps extensions. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.