Squat Jacks / Side Sumo Walks
- Stand with your feet in a wide stance, with your toes slightly pointed outwards – like a sumo wrestler. Hold your hands together in front of your chest.
- Keeping your back straight, lower your body towards the ground by bending your knees.
- Bring your left leg in one step so that it lands next to your right leg.
- Take one step with your right leg away from your left leg so that you are now back to the starting position.
- Repeat the complete movement in reverse to complete one rep.
Related exercises to discover
Squat jacks / side sumo walks is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and quadriceps and also involves hamstrings. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Pistol / single-leg extended arm squats, smith machine leg press / reverse squats and water bottle squats are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as squat jacks / side sumo walks. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.