Hip Raises / Butt Lift / Bridges
- Lie on an exercise mat with your knees bent so that your feet are flat on the floor. Keep your back straight.
- Place your hands out to your sides palms flat for stability.
- Raise your glutes off the floor by extending your hips upward while pushing down through you heels.
- Continue until your back, hips and thighs are in a straight line. Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the start position by lowering your hips back to the floor.
- Pause then repeat.
Related exercises to discover
Hip raises / butt lift / bridges is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and hamstrings and also involves abs and lower back. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Resistance band lying leg extensions, kettlebell around the worlds and sumo barbell deadlift are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as hip raises / butt lift / bridges. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.