Hip Raises / Butt Lift / Bridges
- Lie on an exercise mat with your knees bent so that your feet are flat on the floor. Keep your back straight.
- Place your hands out to your sides palms flat for stability.
- Raise your glutes off the floor by extending your hips upward while pushing down through you heels.
- Continue until your back, hips and thighs are in a straight line. Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the start position by lowering your hips back to the floor.
- Pause then repeat.
Related exercises to discover
Hip raises / butt lift / bridges is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and hamstrings and also involves abs and lower back. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Standing adductor / adduction stretch, resistance band squats and barbell squats are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as hip raises / butt lift / bridges. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.