Russian / Mason / V-Sit Twists
- Lie on an exercise mat and place your feet your under something that will not move or ask a spotter hold them down for you. Keep your knees bent.
- Raise your upper body from the mat to form V-shape with your thighs.
- Keep your arms fully extended in front of your chest, clasping your hands together.This is the start position.
- In a smooth motion, twist your upper body to the right until you feel a stretch in your back and sides. Keep your arms parallel to the floor and exhale as you do this. Hold for a count of one and inhale.
- Return to the start position while breathing out.
- Repeat the movement,this time to the left side of your body.
Related exercises to discover
Russian / mason / v-sit twists is a gym work out exercise that targets abs and also involves lower back. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Stability / swiss / exercise ball ab pike press, medicine ball wall throw and battle rope double arm slams are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as russian / mason / v-sit twists. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.