Jackknife Sit-up / Crunch / Toe Touches
- Lie flat on an exercise mat, extending your arms straight back behind your head.
- Fully extend your legs also.This is the start position.
- Bend at your waist and at the same time, raise your legs and arms to meet in a closed jackknife position. Exhale as you do this.
- At this point, your legs should remain fully extended at between 35-45 degrees from the floor.
- Your arms should be fully extended, parallel to your legs.
- Your upper body should be raised off the floor.
- Return to the start position by lowering your arms and legs back to the floor, exhaling as you do so.
Related exercises to discover
Jackknife sit-up / crunch / toe touches is a gym work out exercise that targets abs and also involves glutes & hip flexors. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Stability / swiss / exercise ball ab pike press, reverse plank kicks / planks and swiss ball plank are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as jackknife sit-up / crunch / toe touches. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.