- With a dumbbell in each hand in a neutral grip, lie face down on an incline bench. Your palms should be facing inwards.
- Extend your arms out in front of you so that they are at right angles to the bench. Keep your legs stationary but with pressure on the balls of our feet and toes. This is the start position.
- Keeping a slight bend in your elbows, move the weights away from each other in an arcing motion exhaling as you do so.
- Continue expanding your arms until they are parallel to the floor.
- Hold and squeeze your shoulder blades together
- Return to the starting position inhaling as you do so.
- Repeat .
Related exercises to discover
Reverse flyes is a gym work out exercise that targets shoulders and also involves abs and upper back & lower traps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Barbell push and press, resistance band standing shoulder press / overhead press and medicine ball slams are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as reverse flyes. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.