Machine Hack Squats
- Place your back flat against the back pad of the hack machine and position your shoulders under the shoulder pads.
- Place your legs in a shoulder width stance with your toes pointed out slightly.
- Grip the side handles of the machine and disengage the safety bars.
- Straighten your legs, but do not lock your knees. This is the start position.
- Inhale as you slowly lower the weight by bending your knees.
- Continue down until the angle between your upper legs and your calves is slightly less than 90-degrees. Your outer knee should be in line with your toes. Do not extend your knees past your toes. Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the start position by pushing down through your heels and extending your legs, exhaling as you do so. When you reach the starting position,hold for a count of one.
Related exercises to discover
Machine hack squats is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and quadriceps and also involves abs and calves and hamstrings. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Barbell overhead squats, bodyweight squats and squats to side leg raises/lifts are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as machine hack squats. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.