Lateral / Side Shoulder Dumbbell Raises / Power Partials
- Stand with your back straight, feet shoulder width apart, while holding a dumbbell in each hand with a neutral grip.
- Hold your arms fully extended by your side, with your palms facing in to your body.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides. This is the start position.
- Keeping your arms fully extended and your torso stationary, lift the dumbbells out to your sides and up until they are at shoulder level. Exhale as you do so.
- Hold for a count of one while squeezing your shoulder muscles.
- Return to the start position in a smooth controlled movement inhaling as you do so.
Related exercises to discover
Lateral / side shoulder dumbbell raises / power partials is a gym work out exercise that targets shoulders. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Resistance band standing shoulder press / overhead press, dual / two arm dumbbell front shoulder raises and external cable shoulder rotation are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as lateral / side shoulder dumbbell raises / power partials. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.