Diamond / Pyramid / Triceps Push-ups / Pushups
- Position yourself on all fours on a mat.
- Place your hands in front of you and shoulder-width apart.
- Now bring your hands in towards the center until the tips of your index fingers and tips of your thumbs are touching. This creates a diamond shape between your hands. Your elbows and wrists should be in line with your chest.
- With your fingers facing forwards, lift off your knees so that your body forms a straight line and just your hands and toes touch the floor.
- Keep you pelvis straight and abs engaged and aim to keep a straight back throughout the movement.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body towards the floor, aiming to touch your chest to the top of your hands. Pause briefly.
- Return to the starting position by extending your elbows and lifting your body off the floor again.
Related exercises to discover
Diamond / pyramid / triceps push-ups / pushups is a gym work out exercise that targets triceps and also involves abs and chest and shoulders. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Close-grip overhand barbell bench press, tricep dumbbell kickbacks and diamond / pyramid / triceps push-ups / pushups are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as diamond / pyramid / triceps push-ups / pushups. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.