Diamond / Pyramid / Triceps Push-ups / Pushups
- Position yourself on all fours on a mat.
- Place your hands in front of you and shoulder-width apart.
- Now bring your hands in towards the center until the tips of your index fingers and tips of your thumbs are touching. This creates a diamond shape between your hands. Your elbows and wrists should be in line with your chest.
- With your fingers facing forwards, lift off your knees so that your body forms a straight line and just your hands and toes touch the floor.
- Keep you pelvis straight and abs engaged and aim to keep a straight back throughout the movement.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body towards the floor, aiming to touch your chest to the top of your hands. Pause briefly.
- Return to the starting position by extending your elbows and lifting your body off the floor again.
Related exercises to discover
Diamond / pyramid / triceps push-ups / pushups is a gym work out exercise that targets triceps and also involves abs and chest and shoulders. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Gymnastic ring dips, seated single arm overhead dumbbell tricep extensions and stability / swiss / exercise ball pushups / push-ups are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as diamond / pyramid / triceps push-ups / pushups. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.