Burpees / Squat Thrusts
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart and hands by your sides. This is the start position.
- In one smooth motion, squat down and place your hands palms down on the floor in front of your feet.
- Lean forward, so your weight is on your hands, at the same time jumping your legs out behind you until they are fully extended. Your body should form a straight line with your weight supported on your toes and the balls of your feet and your arms fully extended. (In a push up position)
- Jump your feet out by spreading your legs, so that they are wider than hip width apart, then immediately jump them back together.
- Complete 1 full push up.
- Jump your feet forward to just behind your hands.
- Use an explosive motion to push through your heels and return to the start postion.
Related exercises to discover
Burpees / squat thrusts is a gym work out exercise that targets abs and glutes & hip flexors and also involves chest and shoulders. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Resistance band glute kickbacks, cobra abdominal stretch / old horse stretch and dumbbell lunges are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as burpees / squat thrusts. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.