Bent Over Barbell Row from Floor/Barbell Row
- Set up a barbell on the floor and stand facing it with your legs slightly wider than shoulder width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Bend forward at your waist and grip the barbell with an overhand grip.
- Keep your back straight and nearly parallel to the floor.
- Keep your head and neck straight. This is the start position.
- Without moving your torso, exhale and lift the barbell up towards you from the floor.
- Keep your elbows close in to your body and use your forearms to support the weight.
- At the top of the movement, hold for a count of one and squeeze your back muscles.
- Return the barbell back to the floor as the start position, inhaling as you do so.
Related exercises to discover
Bent over barbell row from floor/barbell row is a gym work out exercise that targets lower back and middle back / lats and also involves biceps and upper back & lower traps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Bent over barbell row from floor/barbell row, single / one arm dumbbell bench rows and close grip pullups / chinups are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as bent over barbell row from floor/barbell row. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.