Cable Upright Rows
- Attach a straight bar to the low pulley on the cable station.
- Stand facing the station with your feet shoulder width apart either side of the pulley.
- Grip the bar with an overhand grip, with your hands shoulder width apart and arms fully extended.
- Keep your shoulders back.
- Raise the bar straight up in one smooth movement, until it is just below your chin.
- Hold for a count of one while squeezing your biceps and forearms.
- Slowly lower to the start position and repeat.
Related exercises to discover
Cable upright rows is a gym work out exercise that targets shoulders and also involves abs and upper back & lower traps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Single-arm / floor glute bridge press, single-arm kneeling t-bar/landmine presses and one-arm kettlebell push and press are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as cable upright rows. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.