Stability / Swiss / Exercise Ball Crunches
- Sit on an exercise ball, your feet flat on the floor.
- Roll the bottom half of your glutes off the ball by walking your feet away from the ball. Your lower back should be positioned at the top centre of the ball.
- Place your hands loosely behind or on the sides on the sides of your head, but don’t use your them to pull yourself up. Doing so can cause neck injuries.
- Curl your upper body forward rolling your shoulders forward and down towards your hips.
- Continue curling forward as far as comfortable. Hold and squeeze your abdominal muscles for a count of one.
- Return to the starting position and pause, then repeat.
Related exercises to discover
Stability / swiss / exercise ball crunches is a gym work out exercise that targets abs. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Medicine ball rotational passes, hollow body rock hold and seated vacuum are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as stability / swiss / exercise ball crunches. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.