Barbell Windshield Wipers
- Hold a lightly-loaded barbell directly above your chest, and keep your back in full contact with the floor.
- Lift both legs towards the left plate on the barbell and do your best to touch the plate lightly with your toes.
- Lower both legs down to the central position being sure not to bounce them off the ground.
- Lift both legs towards the right plate on the barbell and do your best to touch the plate lightly with your toes.
- Lower both legs down to the central position; this completes one rep.
Related exercises to discover
Barbell windshield wipers is a gym work out exercise that targets abs and also involves shoulders. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Swiss ball leg lifts, stability / swiss / exercise ball rollout and trx / suspension planks are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as barbell windshield wipers. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.