Bodyweight Calf Raises
- Stand straight with a tight core and flat back.
- Keep your hands at your sides or hold on to a wall for balance.
- Bring your feet to be hip distance apart.
- Focusing the tension in your calf muscles, slowly raise yourself up on to the balls of your feet.
- Pause at the top of the movement and slowly return to the starting position.
Related exercises to discover
Bodyweight calf raises is a gym work out exercise that targets calves. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Cardio – road bike / cycling / riding, leg press machine calf raises and battle rope jumping jacks are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as bodyweight calf raises. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.