- Lie flat on an exercise mat on the floor.
- Extend your legs fully and place your hands palms down, flat on the floor beside you.
- Keeping your feet together, draw your knees up towards your chest, until your thighs are at 90 degrees to the floor and your calves are parallel to it. This is the start position.
- As you inhale, curl your hips up off the floor while bringing your knees further towards your chest.
- Continue the movement until your knees are touching your chest, or as far as comfortable.
- Hold for a count of one.
- In a controlled movement, return your legs to the start position, exhaling as you do so.
Related exercises to discover
Reverse crunch is a gym work out exercise that targets abs. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Plank, trx / suspension planks and resistance/weighted crunches are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as reverse crunch. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.