- Set up a power rack station so that the rack is at your knee height.
- Bend your knees as you drive your hips back. Keep your chest up.
- Grab the barbell with an overhand or mixed grip, based on comfort and preference level.
- Maintain a flat back as you stand up straight and drive your hips forward.
- Pause then slowly return to the starting point.
Related exercises to discover
Rack pulls is a gym work out exercise that targets lower back and also involves abs and hamstrings and quadriceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Supine lying down position / corpse pose, close grip pullups / chinups and rack pulls are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as rack pulls. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.